Resource Center for Inclusive Education
Resource Center for Inclusive Education (hereinafter, CREI) at the “Alecu Russo” Balti State University (hereinafter, USARB), was established on the basis of the INOVEST Project: Eastern Partnership in Pedagogical Innovations in Inclusive Education, no. 530417-TEMPUS-1-2012-1-DETEMPUS-SMHES, implemented during 2012-2015 (institutional coordinator of the project Associate Professor, Phd Valentina Priţcan)
CREI achieves the following objectives:
- a) development and provision of psycho-pedagogical services for students with special education needs;
- b) raising awareness and informing the staff about the particularities of development and the special educational needs of the students in order to jointly create an inclusive academic environment;
- c) realization and creation of partnerships with the involvement of the community, the decision-makers in ensuring continuity in the training and professional development of students with special educational needs.
Services offered by the Center:
Individualized assistance of students with special educational needs
- a) planning and carrying out educational support activities for students with special educational needs;
- b) ensuring the conditions for the professional development of students with special educational needs in relation to the options and the individual potential;
- c) organizing research activities within the framework of the thematic scientific research circle “Inclusive education”;
- d) organizing extracurricular activities with the theme of inclusive education;
- e) notifying the administration of the educational institution regarding the risk situations for special education needs students;
- f) administration of the database and monitoring at institutional level the situation of the beneficiaries of the Resource Center.
- g) organization of information and public awareness activities.
Methodological assistance for staff
- a) offering informational and methodological assistance to university staff and those from general education in the field of inclusive education;
- b) coordinating and carrying out, in partnership with other centers and departments, the activities of developing the inclusive educational process;
- c) collaboration with the Republican Center for psycho-pedagogical assistance, the District / municipal psycho-pedagogical assistance service, the pre-university institutions with inclusive practices in order to identify the needs of continuous training and the development of inclusive education;
- d) organizing activities to promote the principles and values of inclusive education.
More details can be found here: